CPM Main Forum :  Chicago Pinball Mafia Forum Chicago Pinball Mafia Forum

Change to tournament format
Posted by: rosh (IP Logged)
Date: November 18, 2015 03:43PM

After talking with several of my Mafia brethren, Id like to propose a change to the end of season format.

1) Eliminate the play-in round. It sort of punishes the winners of those match ups, as they now have to play the top players, with little chance of winning it all. While it is possible that an A player slipped to B my missing an event or two, that is not the case for most of those that make it out of the round. Even more important, is that it delays the start of play for most folks, which is kind of annoying. In addition, you have your chance all season to earn your way into 'A'. And the bonus points can certainly help a top player who missed an event, get back into A

2) on a slightly unrelated point, since the league is now 24 vs 20, maybe A should be expanded in size.

3) on another unrelated point, during the regular season, I'd suggest a bonus point awarded to the put up or shut winner to give that round more significance.

4) The primary thing is that Id like to see us move to a double elimination format. Each matchup being two players, going head to head, best 2 out of 3 (three different games). The loser then goes to the loser bracket, where they have a chance to then make it back out to get to the finals. Below are links to a double elimination brackets for 8, 12 and 16 players. This would insure they everyone has at least two match ups, with a minimum of at least four games played. Currently, several players can be done for the evening after two games played.

8 player
[www.printyourbrackets.com]

16 player

12 player

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Change to tournament format 914 rosh 11/18/2015 03:43PM
  Re: Change to tournament format 471 yancy 11/24/2015 10:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.