Re: Feedback on potentially changing the monthly schedule
Posted by: wolffy
Date: December 04, 2012 04:45PM
I am personally against moving events as early as February as it is still a winter month and a snow event can have a major impact. Some things I would like to avoid is the chance that a last minute snow storm could cause a number of no shows and previously plowed snow or parking restrictions causing a redcuded parking situation. I also see March being a bit problem-matic as the middle of March would co-inside with Spring break for members who have kids in school.
If we are trying to free up the month of November I would offer this counter proposal: Double up in April. Traditionally April is always delayed to the 4th weekend of the month due to Kalamazoo. Make that the second meet and have the first weekend of April be opening night. That would still put some spacing between meets. However that then puts a meet close to the MGC which many members attend and could create a spring of way to many pinball weekends in a row. I don't think we want to jam that many meets around Allentown, Kalamazoo and MGC. Ok, I just talked myself into thinking that our current schedule is probably the best option.
The rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.