CPM Main Forum :  Chicago Pinball Mafia Forum Chicago Pinball Mafia Forum

Round one scores to remain *unofficial*
Posted by: wolffy (IP Logged)
Date: April 26, 2010 10:08PM

The results from round 1 are now posted. I wanted to post this to handle some Q&A as a result of the results:

Q: Why are these results unofficial?

A: One of the rule changes for this year call for people who attend to be guaranteed the a minimum of 24 points. Before posting I had to manually spot alternate #3 the 24 points.

Q: His league score shows zero, why?

A: The software was written under the impression that you would earn points toward a score if you play. Even though his starting score is 24 points, he doesn't appear in any matches therefore the score tabulation isn't occuring.

Q: When will his score show up?

A: In theory, as soon as he plays.

Q: How do we know that the 24 points are pending in the system?

A: As a reminder to myself I manually credited him with an EOET win, which is a field not being used this season. This will act as a flag to myself and anyone looking at the scores that I am aware of this situation.

Q: When will the scores become "official"?

A: Obviously, not until alternate #3 has a chance to play. The software maintains tables of the machines, opponents and outcomes for each round at each meet. Each player has a reference back to their match so information can be gathered. This is how the head to head matchups and machine era performance can be quickly queried. However results aren't generated for a player until that player appears in competition.

-mike

--
-wolffy

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

Subject Views Written By Posted
  Round one scores to remain *unofficial* 1211 wolffy 04/26/2010 10:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.